101 in 1001 Update #3
Time for a check in on my 101 in 1001 Bucket List! I’ve made some progress but there’s a few things I missed and a few things that have me saying “what was I thinking when I thought I could accomplish that?” (i.e. vegetarian for a month – sounded like a good idea at a time, but no interest right now). It’s funny to look at and think about how quickly your goals and wants can change in life. But for the most part I’m all in on these. There are a few categories I need to work harder on: Health and Finance especially. And there are a few things I just need to get better at tracking so I can cross them off.
23 down, 10 in progress!
Go on a cruise. Did one better! Got married on a cruise to the Bahamas in January and I still need share all about it!
Stay at a bed and breakfast. Stayed at a wonderful B&B in Savannah called the Amethyst Garden Inn.
Get a passport. Check!
Health & Wellness:
15. Run 3 5K’s. (2/3) Ran the IOA Corporate 5K in 2016 and 2017 and made a better time in 2017!
16. Make 10 healthy recipes I’ve never made before. (1/10) Zucchini Lasagna
Take a spin class. Took a few spin classes and loved it!
No alcohol for 30 days. Gave up alcohol for Lent this year.
Get a massage. Done! And it was wonderful.
Love and Family:
Go on a trip to celebrate our 5 year dating anniversary. Our trip to Savannah which we both agree was one of our best weekends ever!
Take professional photos with Jeff and our fur babies. Our engagement photos covered this!
Get engaged. (Hopefully! 🙂 ) 12.27.2015 <3 We got engaged in NYC.
Finances & Purchases:
37. Pay off all of my credit cards. (
0/5 1/6) Paid off one but added one…
Create a bill calendar. Done! And it’s been a big help!
Trade in car for a better deal. Refinanced so that counts!
Home & Hosting:
Host Thanksgiving. We hosted Thanksgiving 2015.
Create an office space. Did this. Converted our mud room to an office space and we made a custom desk from IKEA.
Make and purchase curtains for the kitchen and living room. Check. My Aunt helped me make curtains.
Buy a big lamp for the living room. Done!
57. Create a piece of home decor with an inspirational quote or verse. In progress.
60. See the Osborne Family Lights for the last time. Missed this 🙁
61. Try 5 new fancy restaurants in Orlando. (1/5) Artisan’s Table,
Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Done! Diagon Alley was the coolest!
Go to Slueth, the murder mystery dinner theater. We went here for my 25th birthday.
Faith & Giving:
80. Volunteer 10 times. (3/10) Walk for Life 2016 & 2017, IF Gathering 2017
Clean out closets and donate clothes. I’ve done a lot of this in last year or so.
Donate books. Check! Donated all of old books from college.
Help organize a charity event (not for work). Helped organize the Walk for Life for True Life Choice and it was a great experience!
87. Read 50 books. (19/50) I’m only counting books read, not listened to for this. Read all my book reviews.
90. Vote in the presidential election. Also missed this. Just couldn’t bring myself to vote this year.
Watch all of the Harry Potter movies. Finished!
Make a scrapbook. Done! I made a scrapbook of our time dating up until our engagement!
Create or go on a scavenger hunt. Went on a friend’s zombie themed birthday Scavenger hunt.
Linking up with Macy.