Good morning! I’m linking up for Delicious Dish Tuesday to share a Breakfast Casserole recipe! I love making breakfast casseroles on Sunday mornings and having them throughout the week. It’s so easy to slice a piece off and heat up on busy mornings! You can mix it up and basically put any meats or veggies in it, here’s the recipe for my basic Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole:
- 10 eggs
- 16 oz mild turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cups of frozen breakfast potatoes or hash browns
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen potatoes in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Fully cook sausage on stove top and layer on top of potatoes.
- In the same pan, saute onions until translucent. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Mix in cooled onions and pour entire mixture over potatoes and sausage.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Tip: You can also bake this in a cupcake tin for easy grab and go portions!