Christmas is almost here and I m so excited! Only a few days left, especially since all the festivities start on Christmas Eve so it s kind of like a two-day holiday. I can t wait to make great memories with family, eat a ton of delicious food and see everyone open their presents! I get so thrilled to see people open the presents I got them, I actually have the hardest time waiting for Christmas, I got Jeff s present early this year and it s taken everything I have not to give it to him or tell him about it! Christmas isn t all about the presents but I love showing people how much I care about them, sometimes someone deserves a little spoiling once in a while and I do a lot of all small, meaningful presents too
So this weekend was pretty much all about last minute Christmas prep and relaxing before the busy week ahead. Here s some highlights from my weekend:
- Friday I stayed home sick from work but was feeling better by Friday night and Jeff was at work so I stayed in and cleaned up the house. It was nice to get my chores out of the way and have the rest of the weekend to focus on fun stuff.
- Saturday morning we finally got some beautiful weather so I threw on some boots, a scarf and Jeff and I headed out for our final present shopping, stopping for some red cups on the way (Holiday Spice Flat White FTW). Luckily the stores weren t too crazy!
- Saturday evening, I watched movies while I got all of the present wrapping done. I also relaxed with a cup of peppermint hot tea and started So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore for OBS.
- Sunday, we had church followed by our annual meeting so we were there most of the afternoon. Afterwards we headed to Jeff s grandparents to visit with his cousin who surprised us by coming home for Christmas! He s been working in China for almost a year so it s an awesome surprise!
- We stopped by our neighborhood bar on the way home to catch the end of the Packer game. They won!
- We ended the chilly weekend with a bonfire. Now we re back up int 80 s but it was awesome having the cooler weather all weekend!
Merry Christmas Week! Santa is coming!!